- (n.) A variety of cabbage in which the leaves do not form a head, being nearly the original or wild form of the species.
- (n.) See Kail, 2.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LEAK
- (a.) Leaky.
- (n.) To let water or other fluid in or out through a hole, crevice, etc.; as, the cask leaks; the roof leaks; the boat leaks.
- (n.) To enter or escape, as a fluid, through a hole, crevice, etc. ; to pass gradually into, or out of, something; -- usually with in or out.
- (v.) A crack, crevice, fissure, or hole which admits water or other fluid, or lets it escape; as, a leak in a roof; a leak in a boat; a leak in a gas pipe.
- (v.) The entrance or escape of a fluid through a crack, fissure, or other aperture; as, the leak gained on the ship's pumps.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A pigment formed by combining some coloring matter, usually by precipitation, with a metallic oxide or earth, esp. with aluminium hydrate; as, madder lake; Florentine lake; yellow lake, etc.
- (n.) A kind of fine white linen, formerly in use.
- (v. i.) To play; to sport.
- (n.) A large body of water contained in a depression of the earth's surface, and supplied from the drainage of a more or less extended area.