Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LECTURE
- (n.) The act of reading; as, the lecture of Holy Scripture.
- (n.) A discourse on any subject; especially, a formal or methodical discourse, intended for instruction; sometimes, a familiar discourse, in contrast with a sermon.
- (n.) A reprimand or formal reproof from one having authority.
- (n.) A rehearsal of a lesson.
- (v. i.) To deliver a lecture or lectures.
- (v. t.) To read or deliver a lecture to.
- (v. t.) To reprove formally and with authority.