- (v. i.) The common European kite (Milvus ictinus). This name is also sometimes applied to the buzzard.
- (n.) A live coal.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LEDGE
- (n.) A shelf on which articles may be laid; also, that which resembles such a shelf in form or use, as a projecting ridge or part, or a molding or edge in joinery.
- (n.) A shelf, ridge, or reef, of rocks.
- (n.) A layer or stratum.
- (n.) A lode; a limited mass of rock bearing valuable mineral.
- (n.) A piece of timber to support the deck, placed athwartship between beams.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) A live or glowing coal; a glede.