- (n.) See water buck, under 3d Buck.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LEECH
- (n.) See 2d Leach.
- (n.) The border or edge at the side of a sail.
- (n.) A physician or surgeon; a professor of the art of healing.
- (n.) Any one of numerous genera and species of annulose worms, belonging to the order Hirudinea, or Bdelloidea, esp. those species used in medicine, as Hirudo medicinalis of Europe, and allied species.
- (n.) A glass tube of peculiar construction, adapted for drawing blood from a scarified part by means of a vacuum.
- (v. t.) See Leach, v. t.
- (v. t.) To treat as a surgeon; to doctor; as, to leech wounds.
- (v. t.) To bleed by the use of leeches.