- (v. t.) To perceive by the touch; to take cognizance of by means of the nerves of sensation distributed all over the body, especially by those of the skin; to have sensation excited by contact of (a thing) with the body or limbs.
- (v. t.) To touch; to handle; to examine by touching; as, feel this piece of silk; hence, to make trial of; to test; often with out.
- (v. t.) To perceive by the mind; to have a sense of; to experience; to be affected by; to be sensible of, or sensetive to; as, to feel pleasure; to feel pain.
- (v. t.) To take internal cognizance of; to be conscious of; to have an inward persuasion of.
- (v. t.) To perceive; to observe.
- (v. i.) To have perception by the touch, or by contact of anything with the nerves of sensation, especially those upon the surface of the body.
- (v. i.) To have the sensibilities moved or affected.
- (v. i.) To be conscious of an inward impression, state of mind, persuasion, physical condition, etc.; to perceive one's self to be; -- followed by an adjective describing the state, etc.; as, to feel assured, grieved, persuaded.
- (v. i.) To know with feeling; to be conscious; hence, to know certainly or without misgiving.
- (v. i.) To appear to the touch; to give a perception; to produce an impression by the nerves of sensation; -- followed by an adjective describing the kind of sensation.
- (n.) Feeling; perception.
- (n.) A sensation communicated by touching; impression made upon one who touches or handles; as, this leather has a greasy feel.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LEEF
- (a. & adv.) See Lief.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Many.
- (v. i.) To run away, as from danger or evil; to avoid in an alarmed or cowardly manner; to hasten off; -- usually with from. This is sometimes omitted, making the verb transitive.