- (n.) A young eagle, or a diminutive eagle.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LEGATE
- (n.) An ambassador or envoy.
- (n.) An ecclesiastic representing the pope and invested with the authority of the Holy See.
- (n.) An official assistant given to a general or to the governor of a province.
- (n.) Under the emperors, a governor sent to a province.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A hoisting apparatus; an elevator; a crane; a lift.