- (b.) Ardor inspired by passion or enthusiasm.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: LENA
- (n.) A procuress.
- (a.) Alone.
- (n.) A passageway between fences or hedges which is not traveled as a highroad; an alley between buildings; a narrow way among trees, rocks, and other natural obstructions; hence, in a general sense, a narrow passageway; as, a lane between lines of men, or through a field of ice.
- (v. t.) To conceal.
- (v. i.) To incline, deviate, or bend, from a vertical position; to be in a position thus inclining or deviating; as, she leaned out at the window; a leaning column.
- (v. i.) To incline in opinion or desire; to conform in conduct; -- with to, toward, etc.
- (v. i.) To rest or rely, for support, comfort, and the like; -- with on, upon, or against.
- (v. i.) To cause to lean; to incline; to support or rest.
- (v. i.) Wanting flesh; destitute of or deficient in fat; not plump; meager; thin; lank; as, a lean body; a lean cattle.
- (v. i.) Wanting fullness, richness, sufficiency, or productiveness; deficient in quality or contents; slender; scant; barren; bare; mean; -- used literally and figuratively; as, the lean harvest; a lean purse; a lean discourse; lean wages.
- (v. i.) Of a character which prevents the compositor from earning the usual wages; -- opposed to fat; as, lean copy, matter, or type.
- (n.) That part of flesh which consist principally of muscle without the fat.
- (n.) Unremunerative copy or work.
- (n.) Ale; also, an alehouse.
- (v. t.) To anneal.
- (v. i.) To be tempered by heat.