- Voracious snakelike marine or freshwater fishes with smooth slimy usually scaleless skin and having a continuous vertical fin but no ventral fins
- The fatty flesh of eel; an elongate fish found in fresh water in Europe and America; large eels are usually smoked or pickled
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LESE
- (v. t.) To lose.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a. & pron.) Other; one or something beside; as, Who else is coming? What else shall I give? Do you expect anything else?
- (adv. & conj.) Besides; except that mentioned; in addition; as, nowhere else; no one else.
- (adv. & conj.) Otherwise; in the other, or the contrary, case; if the facts were different.
- (pl.) of Lee
- (n. pl.) Dregs. See 2d Lee.
- (n.) A leash.
- (v. t.) To close the eyes of (a hawk or other bird) by drawing through the lids threads which were fastened over the head.
- (v. t.) Hence, to shut or close, as the eyes; to blind.
- (v. i.) To incline to one side; to lean; to roll, as a ship at sea.
- (n.) Alt. of Seeling
- (n.) Good fortune; favorable opportunity; prosperity. [Obs.] "So have I seel".
- (n.) Time; season; as, hay seel.
- (v. t.) To slay.