- Cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
- Leave unchanged; "let it be"
- A brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India; "Lashkar-e-Toiba has committed mass murders of civilian Hindus"
- Actively cause something to happen; "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- Consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- Grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
- Make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LEST
- (a.) Last; least.
- (a.) For fear that; that . . . not; in order that . . . not.
- (a.) That (without the negative particle); -- after certain expressions denoting fear or apprehension.
- (n.) Lust; desire; pleasure.
- (v. i.) To listen.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!