- (n.) A large tree (Celtis australis), found in the south of Europe. It has a hard wood, and bears a cherrylike fruit. Called also nettle tree.
- (n.) The European burbot.
- (v. i.) To lurk; to lie hid.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LETO
- Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology; called Latona in Roman mythology
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To draw, or cause to follow, by displaying something pleasing or desirable; to allure by some bait.