Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LID
- (n.) That which covers the opening of a vessel or box, etc.; a movable cover; as, the lid of a chest or trunk.
- (n.) The cover of the eye; an eyelid.
- (n.) The cover of the spore cases of mosses.
- (n.) A calyx which separates from the flower, and falls off in a single piece, as in the Australian Eucalypti.
- (n.) The top of an ovary which opens transversely, as in the fruit of the purslane and the tree which yields Brazil nuts.