- (a.) Cold; very cold; frozen.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LIDGE
- (n.) Same as Ledge.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The glede or kite.
- (v. i.) To move gently and smoothly; to pass along without noise, violence, or apparent effort; to pass rapidly and easily, or with a smooth, silent motion, as a river in its channel, a bird in the air, a skater over ice.
- (v. i.) To pass with a glide, as the voice.
- (n.) The act or manner of moving smoothly, swiftly, and without labor or obstruction.
- (n.) A transitional sound in speech which is produced by the changing of the mouth organs from one definite position to another, and with gradual change in the most frequent cases; as in passing from the begining to the end of a regular diphthong, or from vowel to consonant or consonant to vowel in a syllable, or from one component to the other of a double or diphthongal consonant (see Guide to Pronunciation, // 19, 161, 162). Also (by Bell and others), the vanish (or brief final element) or the brief initial element, in a class of diphthongal vowels, or the brief final or initial part of some consonants (see Guide to Pronunciation, // 18, 97, 191).