- A material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"
- An ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept
- Someone who is adored blindly and excessively
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LIDOS
- A recreational facility including a swimming pool for water sports
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (pl.) of Soldo
- (a.) Having the constituent parts so compact, or so firmly adhering, as to resist the impression or penetration of other bodies; having a fixed form; hard; firm; compact; -- opposed to fluid and liquid or to plastic, like clay, or to incompact, like sand.
- (a.) Not hollow; full of matter; as, a solid globe or cone, as distinguished from a hollow one; not spongy; dense; hence, sometimes, heavy.
- (a.) Having all the geometrical dimensions; cubic; as, a solid foot contains 1,728 solid inches.
- (a.) Firm; compact; strong; stable; unyielding; as, a solid pier; a solid pile; a solid wall.
- (a.) Applied to a compound word whose parts are closely united and form an unbroken word; -- opposed to hyphened.
- (a.) Fig.: Worthy of credit, trust, or esteem; substantial, as opposed to frivolous or fallacious; weighty; firm; strong; valid; just; genuine.
- (a.) Sound; not weakly; as, a solid constitution of body.
- (a.) Of a fleshy, uniform, undivided substance, as a bulb or root; not spongy or hollow within, as a stem.
- (a.) Impenetrable; resisting or excluding any other material particle or atom from any given portion of space; -- applied to the supposed ultimate particles of matter.
- (a.) Not having the lines separated by leads; not open.
- (a.) United; without division; unanimous; as, the delegation is solid for a candidate.
- (n.) A substance that is held in a fixed form by cohesion among its particles; a substance not fluid.
- (n.) A magnitude which has length, breadth, and thickness; a part of space bounded on all sides.