- (n.) A shoemaker's awl.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LIENS
- Latin for spleen - a large dark-red oval organ on the left side of the body between the stomach and the diaphragm; produces cells involved in immune responses
- The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Be in line with; form a line along; "trees line the riverbank"
- A short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
- A slight depression in the smoothness of a surface; "his face has many lines"; "ironing gets rid of most wrinkles"
- A mark that is long relative to its width; "He drew a line on the chart"
- Text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen; "the letter consisted of three short lines"; "there are six lines in every stanza"
- The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
- Persuasive but insincere talk that is usually intended to deceive or impress; "`let me show you my etchings' is a rather worn line"; "he has a smooth line but I didn't fall for it"; "that salesman must have practiced his fast line of talk"
- Acting in conformity; "in line with"; "he got out of line"; "toe the line"
- A succession of notes forming a disti
- (n.) A cavity or hollow.