Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LIGATURE
- (n.) The act of binding.
- (n.) Anything that binds; a band or bandage.
- (n.) A thread or string for tying the blood vessels, particularly the arteries, to prevent hemorrhage.
- (n.) A thread or wire used to remove tumors, etc.
- (n.) The state of being bound or stiffened; stiffness; as, the ligature of a joint.
- (n.) Impotence caused by magic or charms.
- (n.) A curve or line connecting notes; a slur.
- (n.) A double character, or a type consisting of two or more letters or characters united, as ae, /, /.
- (v. t.) To ligate; to tie.