Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LIMA
- (n.) The capital city of Peru, in South America.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A spot.
- (n.) A small piece of money; especially, an English silver half-penny of the time of Henry V.
- (n.) Rent; tribute.
- (n.) A flexible fabric made of metal rings interlinked. It was used especially for defensive armor.
- (n.) Hence generally, armor, or any defensive covering.
- (n.) A contrivance of interlinked rings, for rubbing off the loose hemp on lines and white cordage.
- (n.) Any hard protective covering of an animal, as the scales and plates of reptiles, shell of a lobster, etc.
- (v. t.) To arm with mail.
- (v. t.) To pinion.
- (n.) A bag; a wallet.
- (n.) The bag or bags with the letters, papers, papers, or other matter contained therein, conveyed under public authority from one post office to another; the whole system of appliances used by government in the conveyance and delivery of mail matter.
- (n.) That which comes in the mail; letters, etc., received through the post office.
- (n.) A trunk, box, or bag, in which clothing, etc., may be carried.
- (v. t.) To deliver into the custody of the postoffice officials, or place in a government letter box, for transmission by mail; to post; as, to mail a letter.
- A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa; achieved independence from France in 1960; Mali was a center of West African civilization for more than 4,000 years