Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LING
- (a.) A large, marine, gadoid fish (Molva vulgaris) of Northern Europe and Greenland. It is valued as a food fish and is largely salted and dried. Called also drizzle.
- (a.) The burbot of Lake Ontario.
- (a.) An American hake of the genus Phycis.
- (a.) A New Zealand food fish of the genus Genypterus. The name is also locally applied to other fishes, as the cultus cod, the mutton fish, and the cobia.
- (n.) Heather (Calluna vulgaris).