- A furnace for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LINKS
- An interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
- A two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
- A channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
- Make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
- Connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
- A unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
- Link with or as with a yoke; "yoke the oxen together"
- The means of connection between things linked in series
- Be or become joined or united or linked; "The
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) To creep away meanly; to steal away; to sneak.
- (a.) To miscarry; -- said of female beasts.
- (v. t.) To cast prematurely; -- said of female beasts; as, a cow that slinks her calf.
- (a.) Produced prematurely; as, a slink calf.
- (a.) Thin; lean.
- (n.) The young of a beast brought forth prematurely, esp. a calf brought forth before its time.
- (n.) A thievish fellow; a sneak.