- Mud or clay or small rocks deposited by a river or lake
- Become chocked with silt; "The river silted up"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LISTS
- The property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- A database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics)
- An enclosed field for jousting.
- Nominal roll
- Give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
- Tilt to one side; "The balloon heeled over"; "the wind made the vessel heel"; "The ship listed to starboard"
- Cause to lean to the side; "Erosion listed the old tree"
- Include in a list; "Am I listed in your register?"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Obscene terms for female genitals
- A narrow fissure
- A depression scratched or carved into a surface
- Cut a slit into; "slit the throat of the victim"
- Make a clean cut through; "slit her throat"
- A long narrow opening