- (n.) The lime tree, or linden; -- called also teil tree.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LITE
- (adv., & n.) Little.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To protect from the intrusion of the uninitiated; as, to tile a Masonic lodge.
- (n.) A plate, or thin piece, of baked clay, used for covering the roofs of buildings, for floors, for drains, and often for ornamental mantel works.
- (n.) A small slab of marble or other material used for flooring.
- (n.) A plate of metal used for roofing.
- (n.) A small, flat piece of dried earth or earthenware, used to cover vessels in which metals are fused.
- (n.) A draintile.
- (n.) A stiff hat.
- (v. t.) To cover with tiles; as, to tile a house.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To cover, as if with tiles.