- (n.) Audible expression of sorrow; lamentation; complaint; hence, a mournful song; a lament.
- (n.) An accusation or protest on account of an injury.
- (n.) A private memorial tendered to a court, in which a person sets forth his cause of action; the exhibiting of an action in writing.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Platen.
- (v.) Capable of plying or bending; readily yielding to force or pressure without breaking; flexible; pliable; lithe; limber; plastic; as, a pliant thread; pliant wax. Also used figuratively: Easily influenced for good or evil; tractable; as, a pliant heart.
- (v.) Favorable to pliancy.