- (n.) One who tilts, or jousts; hence, one who fights.
- (n.) One who operates a tilt hammer.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LITTER
- (n.) A bed or stretcher so arranged that a person, esp. a sick or wounded person, may be easily carried in or upon it.
- (n.) Straw, hay, etc., scattered on a floor, as bedding for animals to rest on; also, a covering of straw for plants.
- (n.) Things lying scattered about in a manner indicating slovenliness; scattered rubbish.
- (n.) Disorder or untidiness resulting from scattered rubbish, or from thongs lying about uncared for; as, a room in a state of litter.
- (n.) The young brought forth at one time, by a sow or other multiparous animal, taken collectively. Also Fig.
- (v. i.) To be supplied with litter as bedding; to sleep or make one's bed in litter.
- (v. i.) To produce a litter.
- (v. t.) To supply with litter, as cattle; to cover with litter, as the floor of a stall.
- (v. t.) To put into a confused or disordered condition; to strew with scattered articles; as, to litter a room.
- (v. t.) To give birth to; to bear; -- said of brutes, esp. those which produce more than one at a birth, and also of human beings, in abhorrence or contempt.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A large truncated cone of refined sugar.