- (n.) A husband's brother; -- used in reference to levirate marriages.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LIVRE
- (n.) A French money of account, afterward a silver coin equal to 20 sous. It is not now in use, having been superseded by the franc.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who, or that which, lives.
- (n.) A resident; a dweller; as, a liver in Brooklyn.
- (n.) One whose course of life has some marked characteristic (expressed by an adjective); as, a free liver.
- (n.) A very large glandular and vascular organ in the visceral cavity of all vertebrates.
- (n.) The glossy ibis (Ibis falcinellus); -- said to have given its name to the city of Liverpool.
- (v. t.) To contract into wrinkles; to shrivel; to shrink; as, riveled fruit; riveled flowers.
- (n.) A wrinkle; a rimple.
- More vile, more evil