- (n.) The plant costmary, which was formerly much used for flavoring ale.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LOCATES
- Take up residence and become established; "The immigrants settled in the Midwest"
- Discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining; "Can you locate your cousins in the Midwest?"; "My search turned up nothing"
- Assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- Determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of, as if by an instrument or by a survey; "Our sense of sight enables us to locate objects in space"; "Locate the boundaries of the property"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Sugar of milk or milk sugar; a crystalline sugar present in milk, and separable from the whey by evaporation and crystallization. It has a slightly sweet taste, is dextrorotary, and is much less soluble in water than either cane sugar or glucose. Formerly called lactin.
- (n.) See Galactose.
- (n.) The keeping of an alehouse by an officer of a forest, and drawing people to spend their money for liquor, for fear of his displeasure.
- (a.) Alt. of Talcous