- (n.) The Muse who presided over history.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LOCI
- (pl.) of Locus
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To wind cylindrically or spirally; as, to coil a rope when not in use; the snake coiled itself before springing.
- (v. t.) To encircle and hold with, or as with, coils.
- (v. i.) To wind itself cylindrically or spirally; to form a coil; to wind; -- often with about or around.
- (n.) A ring, series of rings, or spiral, into which a rope, or other like thing, is wound.
- (n.) Fig.: Entanglement; toil; mesh; perplexity.
- (n.) A series of connected pipes in rows or layers, as in a steam heating apparatus.
- (n.) A noise, tumult, bustle, or confusion.