- Strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat; "He slugged me so hard that I passed out"
- Walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud; "Mules plodded in a circle around a grindstone"
- Work doggedly or persistently; "She keeps plugging away at her dissertation"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LOGS
- Enter into a log, as on ships and planes
- Cut lumber, as in woods and forests
- Measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
- A written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
- A written record of messages sent or received; "they kept a log of all transmission by the radio station"; "an email log"
- The exponent required to produce a given number
- A segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches