Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LORE
- (n.) The space between the eye and bill, in birds, and the corresponding region in reptiles and fishes.
- (n.) The anterior portion of the cheeks of insects.
- (obs. imp. & p. p.) Lost.
- (v. t.) That which is or may be learned or known; the knowledge gained from tradition, books, or experience; often, the whole body of knowledge possessed by a people or class of people, or pertaining to a particular subject; as, the lore of the Egyptians; priestly lore; legal lore; folklore.
- (v. t.) That which is taught; hence, instruction; wisdom; advice; counsel.
- (v. t.) Workmanship.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A bearing, in the form of a fillet, round the shield, within, but at some distance from, the border.
- (n.) The wreath, or chaplet, surmounting or encircling the helmet of a knight and bearing the crest.
- (n.) A part, or character, performed by an actor in a drama; hence, a part of function taken or assumed by any one; as, he has now taken the role of philanthropist.