- (n.) The act of plundering.
- (n.) Plunder; booty; especially, the boot taken in a conquered or sacked city.
- (v. t. & i.) To plunder; to carry off as plunder or a prize lawfully obtained by war.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LOTO
- (n.) See Lotto.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) An instrument such as a hammer, saw, plane, file, and the like, used in the manual arts, to facilitate mechanical operations; any instrument used by a craftsman or laborer at his work; an implement; as, the tools of a joiner, smith, shoe-maker, etc.; also, a cutter, chisel, or other part of an instrument or machine that dresses work.
- (n.) A machine for cutting or shaping materials; -- also called machine tool.
- (n.) Hence, any instrument of use or service.
- (n.) A weapon.
- (n.) A person used as an instrument by another person; -- a word of reproach; as, men of intrigue have their tools, by whose agency they accomplish their purposes.
- (v. t.) To shape, form, or finish with a tool.
- (v. t.) To drive, as a coach.