- (n.) A flight of missiles, as arrows, bullets, or the like; the simultaneous discharge of a number of small arms.
- (n.) A burst or emission of many things at once; as, a volley of words.
- (n.) A return of the ball before it touches the ground.
- (n.) A sending of the ball full to the top of the wicket.
- (v. t.) To discharge with, or as with, a volley.
- (v. i.) To be thrown out, or discharged, at once; to be discharged in a volley, or as if in a volley; to make a volley or volleys.
- (v. i.) To return the ball before it touches the ground.
- (v. i.) To send the ball full to the top of the wicket.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LOVELY
- (adv.) In a manner to please, or to excite love.
- (superl.) Having such an appearance as excites, or is fitted to excite, love; beautiful; charming; very pleasing in form, looks, tone, or manner.
- (superl.) Lovable; amiable; having qualities of any kind which excite, or are fitted to excite, love or friendship.
- (superl.) Loving; tender.
- (superl.) Very pleasing; -- applied loosely to almost anything which is not grand or merely pretty; as, a lovely view; a lovely valley; a lovely melody.