Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LUFF
- (n.) The side of a ship toward the wind.
- (n.) The act of sailing a ship close to the wind.
- (n.) The roundest part of a ship's bow.
- (n.) The forward or weather leech of a sail, especially of the jib, spanker, and other fore-and-aft sails.
- (v. i.) To turn the head of a vessel toward the wind; to sail nearer the wind; to turn the tiller so as to make the vessel sail nearer the wind.