- (n.) The edible drupaceous fruit of the Prunus domestica, and of several other species of Prunus; also, the tree itself, usually called plum tree.
- (n.) A grape dried in the sun; a raisin.
- (n.) A handsome fortune or property; formerly, in cant language, the sum of £100,000 sterling; also, the person possessing it.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LUMP
- (n.) A small mass of matter of irregular shape; an irregular or shapeless mass; as, a lump of coal; a lump of iron ore.
- (n.) A mass or aggregation of things.
- (n.) A projection beneath the breech end of a gun barrel.
- (v. i.) To throw into a mass; to unite in a body or sum without distinction of particulars.
- (v. i.) To take in the gross; to speak of collectively.
- (v. i.) To get along with as one can, although displeased; as, if he does n't like it, he can lump it.