- Cathedral town in England
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LYE
- (n.) A strong caustic alkaline solution of potassium salts, obtained by leaching wood ashes. It is much used in making soap, etc.
- (n.) A short side line, connected with the main line; a turn-out; a siding.
- (n.) A falsehood.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t. & i.) To lay; to wager.
- (n.) Law.
- (n.) See Lye.
- (n.) Grass or meadow land; a lea.
- (a.) Fallow; unseeded.
- (n.) Isle.