- (a.) One alone; single; as, the only man present; his only occupation.
- (a.) Alone in its class; by itself; not associated with others of the same class or kind; as, an only child.
- (a.) Hence, figuratively: Alone, by reason of superiority; preeminent; chief.
- (a.) In one manner or degree; for one purpose alone; simply; merely; barely.
- (a.) So and no otherwise; no other than; exclusively; solely; wholly.
- (a.) Singly; without more; as, only-begotten.
- (a.) Above all others; particularly.
- (conj.) Save or except (that); -- an adversative used elliptically with or without that, and properly introducing a single fact or consideration.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LYON
- A city in east-central France on the Rhone River; a principal producer of silk and rayon