- (n.) A small sailing vessel, commonly rigged as a sloop, used chiefly in the coasting and fishing trade.
- (v. i.) Taste or flavor, esp. a slight taste or flavor; savor; tincture; as, a smack of bitter in the medicine. Also used figuratively.
- (v. i.) A small quantity; a taste.
- (v. i.) A loud kiss; a buss.
- (v. i.) A quick, sharp noise, as of the lips when suddenly separated, or of a whip.
- (v. i.) A quick, smart blow; a slap.
- (adv.) As if with a smack or slap.
- (n.) To have a smack; to be tinctured with any particular taste.
- (n.) To have or exhibit indications of the presence of any character or quality.
- (n.) To kiss with a close compression of the lips, so as to make a sound when they separate; to kiss with a sharp noise; to buss.
- (n.) To make a noise by the separation of the lips after tasting anything.
- (v. t.) To kiss with a sharp noise; to buss.
- (v. t.) To open, as the lips, with an inarticulate sound made by a quick compression and separation of the parts of the mouth; to make a noise with, as the lips, by separating them in the act of kissing or after tasting.
- (v. t.) To make a sharp noise by striking; to crack; as, to smack a whip.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: MACKS
- A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric