- (n.) A mistress of a family, who is a lady; a woman in authority; especially, a lady.
- (n.) The mistress of a family in common life, or the mistress of a common school; as, a dame's school.
- (n.) A woman in general, esp. an elderly woman.
- (n.) A mother; -- applied to human beings and quadrupeds.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: MADE
- Imp. & p. p. of Make.
- (a.) Artificially produced; pieced together; formed by filling in; as, made ground; a made mast, in distinction from one consisting of a single spar.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Make
- (n.) See Mad, n.
- Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls encased in a red covering
- (n.) A fermented drink made of water and honey with malt, yeast, etc.; metheglin; hydromel.
- (n.) A drink composed of sirup of sarsaparilla or other flavoring extract, and water. It is sometimes charged with carbonic acid gas.
- (n.) A meadow.