- (n.) A sole or supreme ruler; a sovereign; the highest ruler; an emperor, king, queen, prince, or chief.
- (n.) One superior to all others of the same kind; as, an oak is called the monarch of the forest.
- (n.) A patron deity or presiding genius.
- (n.) A very large red and black butterfly (Danais Plexippus); -- called also milkweed butterfly.
- (a.) Superior to others; preeminent; supreme; ruling.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The chief magistrate of a nome or nomarchy.