- (n.) With might; with full force; vigorously; violently; exceedingly.
- (n.) At full speed; in great haste; also, at once.
- (v. t.) To lower, as a sail, a yard, etc.
- (v. i.) To lower the topsail, in token of surrender; to yield.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: MANIA
- (n.) Violent derangement of mind; madness; insanity. Cf. Delirium.
- (n.) Excessive or unreasonable desire; insane passion affecting one or many people; as, the tulip mania.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (Jungian psychology) the inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious
- (n.) Any spider crab of the genus Maia, or family Maiadae.