Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: MANIFEST
- (a.) Evident to the senses, esp. to the sight; apparent; distinctly perceived; hence, obvious to the understanding; apparent to the mind; easily apprehensible; plain; not obscure or hidden.
- (a.) Detected; convicted; -- with of.
- (a.) A public declaration; an open statement; a manifesto. See Manifesto.
- (a.) A list or invoice of a ship's cargo, containing a description by marks, numbers, etc., of each package of goods, to be exhibited at the customhouse.
- (v. t.) To show plainly; to make to appear distinctly, -- usually to the mind; to put beyond question or doubt; to display; to exhibit.
- (v. t.) To exhibit the manifests or prepared invoices of; to declare at the customhouse.