- (n.) A mistress of a family, who is a lady; a woman in authority; especially, a lady.
- (n.) The mistress of a family in common life, or the mistress of a common school; as, a dame's school.
- (n.) A woman in general, esp. an elderly woman.
- (n.) A mother; -- applied to human beings and quadrupeds.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: MEAD
- (n.) A fermented drink made of water and honey with malt, yeast, etc.; metheglin; hydromel.
- (n.) A drink composed of sirup of sarsaparilla or other flavoring extract, and water. It is sometimes charged with carbonic acid gas.
- (n.) A meadow.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls encased in a red covering
- (n.) See Mad, n.
- Imp. & p. p. of Make.
- (a.) Artificially produced; pieced together; formed by filling in; as, made ground; a made mast, in distinction from one consisting of a single spar.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Make