Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: MEAR
- (n.) A boundary. See Mere.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The female of the horse and other equine quadrupeds.
- (n.) Sighing, suffocative panting, intercepted utterance, with a sense of pressure across the chest, occurring during sleep; the incubus; -- obsolete, except in the compound nightmare.
- (n.) Cream; also, the cream or froth on ale.
- (v. i.) To cream; to mantle.
- (v. t.) To stretch out; to draw out into thongs, threads, or filaments.
- (n.) A bundle, package, or quantity of paper, usually consisting of twenty quires or 480 sheets.
- (v. t.) To bevel out, as the mouth of a hole in wood or metal; in modern usage, to enlarge or dress out, as a hole, with a reamer.