- (n. & v.) See Maze.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: MEAS
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (/.) A high tableland; a plateau on a hill.
- (v. i.) Not different or other; not another or others; identical; unchanged.
- (v. i.) Of like kind, species, sort, dimensions, or the like; not differing in character or in the quality or qualities compared; corresponding; not discordant; similar; like.
- (v. i.) Just mentioned, or just about to be mentioned.
- (n.) Grease; tallow; lard.
- (n.) The fold or line formed by sewing together two pieces of cloth or leather.
- (n.) Hence, a line of junction; a joint; a suture, as on a ship, a floor, or other structure; the line of union, or joint, of two boards, planks, metal plates, etc.
- (n.) A thin layer or stratum; a narrow vein between two thicker strata; as, a seam of coal.
- (n.) A line or depression left by a cut or wound; a scar; a cicatrix.
- (v. t.) To form a seam upon or of; to join by sewing together; to unite.
- (v. t.) To mark with something resembling a seam; to line; to scar.
- (v. t.) To make the appearance of a seam in, as in knitting a stocking; hence, to knit with a certain stitch, like that in such knitting.
- (v. i.) To become ridgy; to crack open.
- (n.) A denomination of weight or measure.
- (n.) The quantity of eight bushels of grain.
- (n.) The quantity of 120 pounds of glass.