Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: METEOR
- (n.) Any phenomenon or appearance in the atmosphere, as clouds, rain, hail, snow, etc.
- (n.) Specif.: A transient luminous body or appearance seen in the atmosphere, or in a more elevated region.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Removed to a distance; not near; far away; distant; -- said in respect to time or to place; as, remote ages; remote lands.
- (superl.) Hence, removed; not agreeing, according, or being related; -- in various figurative uses.
- (superl.) Not agreeing; alien; foreign.
- (superl.) Not nearly related; not close; as, a remote connection or consanguinity.
- (superl.) Separate; abstracted.
- (superl.) Not proximate or acting directly; primary; distant.
- (superl.) Not obvious or sriking; as, a remote resemblance.
- (superl.) Separated by intervals greater than usual.