- (superl.) Not bright or distinct; wanting luminousness or clearness; obscure in luster or sound; dusky; darkish; obscure; indistinct; overcast; tarnished.
- (superl.) Of obscure vision; not seeing clearly; hence, dull of apprehension; of weak perception; obtuse.
- (v. t.) To render dim, obscure, or dark; to make less bright or distinct; to take away the luster of; to darken; to dull; to obscure; to eclipse.
- (v. t.) To deprive of distinct vision; to hinder from seeing clearly, either by dazzling or clouding the eyes; to darken the senses or understanding of.
- (v. i.) To grow dim.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: MID
- (n.) Middle.
- (prep.) See Amid.
- (superl.) Denoting the middle part; as, in mid ocean.
- (superl.) Occupying a middle position; middle; as, the mid finger; the mid hour of night.
- (superl.) Made with a somewhat elevated position of some certain part of the tongue, in relation to the palate; midway between the high and the low; -- said of certain vowel sounds; as, a (ale), / (/ll), / (/ld). See Guide to Pronunciation, // 10, 11.