Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: MILLS
- A plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- Machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing
- English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
- Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism; father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)
- Grind with a mill; "mill grain"
- Roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
- Produce a ridge around the edge of; "mill a coin"
- United States architect who was the presidentially appointed architect of Washington D.C. (1781-1855)
- Move about in a confused manner
- The act of grinding to a powder or dust