- (n.) One whose occupation is to build with stone or brick; also, one who prepares stone for building purposes.
- (n.) A member of the fraternity of Freemasons. See Freemason.
- (v. t.) To build stonework or brickwork about, under, in, over, etc.; to construct by masons; -- with a prepositional suffix; as, to mason up a well or terrace; to mason in a kettle or boiler.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: MOANS
- Indicate pain, discomfort, or displeasure; "The students groaned when the professor got out the exam booklets"; "The ancient door soughed when opened"
- An utterance expressing pain or disapproval
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A genus of minute flagellate Infusoria of which there are many species, both free and attached. See Illust. under Monad.