- The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: MONAD
- (n.) An ultimate atom, or simple, unextended point; something ultimate and indivisible.
- (n.) The elementary and indestructible units which were conceived of as endowed with the power to produce all the changes they undergo, and thus determine all physical and spiritual phenomena.
- (n.) One of the smallest flangellate Infusoria; esp., the species of the genus Monas, and allied genera.
- (n.) A simple, minute organism; a primary cell, germ, or plastid.
- (n.) An atom or radical whose valence is one, or which can combine with, be replaced by, or exchanged for, one atom of hydrogen.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One of a race or tribe that has no fixed location, but wanders from place to place in search of pasture or game.
- (a.) Roving; nomadic.