- (n.) A small abscess or tumor having a resemblance to a mulberry.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: MOOR
- (n.) One of a mixed race inhabiting Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, and Tripoli, chiefly along the coast and in towns.
- (n.) Any individual of the swarthy races of Africa or Asia which have adopted the Mohammedan religion.
- (n.) An extensive waste covered with patches of heath, and having a poor, light soil, but sometimes marshy, and abounding in peat; a heath.
- (n.) A game preserve consisting of moorland.
- (v. i.) To cast anchor; to become fast.
- (v. t.) To fix or secure, as a vessel, in a particular place by casting anchor, or by fastening with cables or chains; as, the vessel was moored in the stream; they moored the boat to the wharf.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To secure, or fix firmly.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Unobstructed spase; space which may be occupied by or devoted to any object; compass; extent of place, great or small; as, there is not room for a house; the table takes up too much room.
- (n.) A particular portion of space appropriated for occupancy; a place to sit, stand, or lie; a seat.
- (n.) Especially, space in a building or ship inclosed or set apart by a partition; an apartment or chamber.
- (n.) Place or position in society; office; rank; post; station; also, a place or station once belonging to, or occupied by, another, and vacated.
- (n.) Possibility of admission; ability to admit; opportunity to act; fit occasion; as, to leave room for hope.
- (v. i.) To occupy a room or rooms; to lodge; as, they arranged to room together.
- (a.) Spacious; roomy.