- (Roman mythology) god of love; counterpart of Greek Eros
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: MORA
- (n.) A game of guessing the number of fingers extended in a quick movement of the hand, -- much played by Italians of the lower classes.
- (n.) A leguminous tree of Guiana and Trinidad (Dimorphandra excelsa); also, its timber, used in shipbuilding and making furniture.
- (n.) Delay; esp., culpable delay; postponement.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To go from place to place without any certain purpose or direction; to rove; to wander.
- (v. t.) To range or wander over.
- (n.) The act of roaming; a wandering; a ramble; as, he began his roam o'er hill amd dale.
- Capital and largest city of Italy; on the Tiber; seat of the Roman Catholic Church; formerly the capital of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire
- A member of a people with dark skin and hair who speak Romany and who traditionally live by seasonal work and fortunetelling; they are believed to have originated in northern India but now are living on all continents (but mostly in Europe, North Africa, and North America)