- (v.) See 1st Mot.
- (n.) A ring for gauging wooden pins.
- (v. t.) To argue for and against; to debate; to discuss; to propose for discussion.
- (v. t.) Specifically: To discuss by way of exercise; to argue for practice; to propound and discuss in a mock court.
- (v. i.) To argue or plead in a supposed case.
- (n.) A meeting for discussion and deliberation; esp., a meeting of the people of a village or district, in Anglo-Saxon times, for the discussion and settlement of matters of common interest; -- usually in composition; as, folk-moot.
- (v.) A discussion or debate; especially, a discussion of fictitious causes by way of practice.
- (a.) Subject, or open, to argument or discussion; undecided; debatable; mooted.
- Of Mot
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: MOTO
- (n.) Movement; manner of movement; particularly, movement with increased rapidity; -- used especially in the phrase con moto, directing to a somewhat quicker movement; as, andante con moto, a little more rapidly than andante, etc.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Empty.
- (v. t.) To empty.