- (n.) A large basket, usually with a cover, used for the packing and carrying of articles; as, a hamper of wine; a clothes hamper; an oyster hamper, which contains two bushels.
- (v. t.) To put in a hamper.
- (v. t.) To put a hamper or fetter on; to shackle; to insnare; to inveigle; hence, to impede in motion or progress; to embarrass; to encumber.
- (n.) A shackle; a fetter; anything which impedes.
- (n.) Articles ordinarily indispensable, but in the way at certain times.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.